- 65,225 hits
- Walking Covehithe July 9, 2019
- How Far Does The Hand Reach? Botanical Signatures Textile Art Exhibition, Norwich, England, July 18-20 2019 July 8, 2019
- Little Maps of Trees is at The Other Art Fair London July 1, 2019
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Veggie Food
This is a (organically) home-grown 12 inch (30 cm) golden courgette. We scooped and stuffed it. (I’ll post the recipe soon). That did us two meals. The scoopings were added to an omelette and did us a further meal. That’s … Continue reading
I wrote recently about walking Whitstable. Yesterday we walked Margate. Like Whitstable, it was a first visit for me.
Margate has a bad reputation. From an aesthetic viewpoint, I understand. The seafront buildings are some of the ugliest I’ve seen. The beach is glorious.
I know I keep writing about how I don’t like cooking, but sometimes, just sometimes, I might be found in the kitchen, tinkering. The results of my tinkerings are variable. The other day, for instance, I tried to make a savoury pancake for supper. I simmered the filling: onions, mushrooms, etc., in white wine. I then added what turned out to be far too much batter. I burnt its bottom in the frying pan. I burnt its top under the grill. The middle wouldn’t uncooked, so I put it in the microwave. For a very long time. Neither my husband nor I could chew a single bite! I reckon I’d have had more success chewing at the sole of my shoe. We cried laughing! And ate something with chips. Continue reading