- 73,384 hits
- Japanese Anemone 2011 October 18, 2020
- A Lot of Edges Called Perhaps September 23, 2020
- Work in Progress September 5, 2020
- Natural Dyeing: Making Green September 2, 2020
- Linen and Silk Samples Dyed with a Decoction of Dyer’s Chamomile Flowers July 27, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Veggie Food
This is a (organically) home-grown 12 inch (30 cm) golden courgette. We scooped and stuffed it. (I’ll post the recipe soon). That did us two meals. The scoopings were added to an omelette and did us a further meal. That’s … Continue reading
I wrote recently about walking Whitstable. Yesterday we walked Margate. Like Whitstable, it was a first visit for me.
Margate has a bad reputation. From an aesthetic viewpoint, I understand. The seafront buildings are some of the ugliest I’ve seen. The beach is glorious.
I know I keep writing about how I don’t like cooking, but sometimes, just sometimes, I might be found in the kitchen, tinkering. The results of my tinkerings are variable. The other day, for instance, I tried to make a savoury pancake for supper. I simmered the filling: onions, mushrooms, etc., in white wine. I then added what turned out to be far too much batter. I burnt its bottom in the frying pan. I burnt its top under the grill. The middle wouldn’t uncooked, so I put it in the microwave. For a very long time. Neither my husband nor I could chew a single bite! I reckon I’d have had more success chewing at the sole of my shoe. We cried laughing! And ate something with chips. Continue reading