- 81,805 hits
- Work in Progress: Painting Exercise Using a Limited Palette April 5, 2022
- Some Maps are Nautical April 1, 2022
- Attention and Discernment March 22, 2022
- Spring is on its Way Again – Inside and Out March 8, 2022
- Bloganuary 28: Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs January 29, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Stitch
I recently finished the first little work in the series – a sort of dismantled artist book – which I’m calling, for now at least, Found Unbound. Here it is, framed. Here’s the work at an earlier stage. I wrote … Continue reading
Ladder Stitch I Recycled Sari Silk 3 February 2016January 2016 was not a good month. In some ways. I’ve been sick. We’re having new carpets fitted (an enormous upheaval ). I’m working surrounded by chaos. Continue reading
One of my preoccupations these days – hexagons. This eco print hexagon made me think constellation.
I researched hexagonal constellation and came up with a Winter Hexagon of six stars, Capella, Aldebaran, Rigel, Sirius, Procyon and Pollux.
Capella is a star in the Auriga constellation. Aldebaran is a giant orange star in the constellation of Taurus. Rigel is in the Orion constellation. Sirius is a star system. Procyon is in the Canis Minor constellation. Pollux is in the Gemini constellation and is a giant orange star. Continue reading