- 72,012 hits
- Japanese Anemone 2011 October 18, 2020
- A Lot of Edges Called Perhaps September 23, 2020
- Work in Progress September 5, 2020
- Natural Dyeing: Making Green September 2, 2020
- Linen and Silk Samples Dyed with a Decoction of Dyer’s Chamomile Flowers July 27, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Stitch
I recently finished the first little work in the series – a sort of dismantled artist book – which I’m calling, for now at least, Found Unbound. Here it is, framed. Here’s the work at an earlier stage. I wrote … Continue reading
Ladder Stitch I Recycled Sari Silk 3 February 2016January 2016 was not a good month. In some ways. I’ve been sick. We’re having new carpets fitted (an enormous upheaval ). I’m working surrounded by chaos. Continue reading
One of my preoccupations these days – hexagons. This eco print hexagon made me think constellation.
I researched hexagonal constellation and came up with a Winter Hexagon of six stars, Capella, Aldebaran, Rigel, Sirius, Procyon and Pollux.
Capella is a star in the Auriga constellation. Aldebaran is a giant orange star in the constellation of Taurus. Rigel is in the Orion constellation. Sirius is a star system. Procyon is in the Canis Minor constellation. Pollux is in the Gemini constellation and is a giant orange star. Continue reading