- 86,259 hits
A map does not just chart, it unlocks and formulates meaning; it forms bridges between here and there, between disparate ideas that we did not know were previously connected. ... Reif Larsen, The Selected Works of T S Spivet.
- Bloganuary 27: What language do you wish you could speak? And The Shoah (Holocaust) January 27, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 25: What is a song or poem that speaks to you and why? January 24, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 21: Who is your favorite author and why? January 21, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 19: What color describes your personality and why? January 19, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 18: What’s your favorite meal to cook and/or eat? January 19, 2023
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Blogging Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Monoprinting Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Quotes Research Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Walking Writing
Join 1,339 other subscribers
Tag Archives: stage fright
I’ve just been presented with an opportunity to handle a stressful situation with greater mindfulness. This is a type of situation that I almost always deal with badly. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say my handling skill in this kind of situation is close to zero.
This time, instead of rushing in like the proverbial bull in the china shop, I decided to adopt a more mindful approach, opened my journaling program and started typing about it instead. Smoke was soon flying from my computer keys! Continue reading
The end of the November NaBloPoMo 30 day challenge coincides with the day after my solo singing appearance yesterday evening. And I performed alongside this talented little 9 year old Robbie Firmin. In the video above, he’s 7, auditioning for … Continue reading
I’m singing solo next Saturday (for the second time) and if you’ve been reading my blog you’ll know I had stage fright that wrecked my début (though there were others who felt it wasn’t that bad). What to do? Well, I’ve decided to do a diary for the rest of this week, right up until the event. Not here. I don’t want to bear my soul to that extent in public (however small the public). Continue reading