- 64,896 hits
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- My Entry for TAE19 (Twitter Art Exhibit 2019): Windfall April 11, 2019
- Brambly Personage and its Iron Blanket April 10, 2019
- Brambly Personage April 9, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Romance
DS Squared Et Cetera
“Lovely approach to her tomb.”
“The pathways are dead ends.”
She looked. “Meaning?”
“Legend says the maze symbolised the unbridgeable divide between the living and the dead.”
“Why have you brought me here?” Continue reading
The Rhythm and the Algorithm
“No Smoking in Workshop.” I laughed.
“There’s nobody in it, ergo they all smoke.”
“Quod erat demonstrandum – not – mathematician. They could’ve been abducted by aliens.”
“Bigfoot?” Continue reading
The Laurel Grove Mysteries (Book One)
Flint & Feather
“Sweet to tongue and sound to eye …”.
She was motionless outside Trocadéro metro station, looking up the steps towards the entrance to the musée de l’Homme. How had she landed up here? She should have been on the Left Bank, heading towards the gallery. She was weary to her bones.
… bone, wood, horn, feather, thread of gut …
Again, the peculiar sensation of being outside herself, her sosie – Laurel Two looking into Laurel One. This time Laurel Two was seeing, reflected back from the blackness of her twin’s pupil, a halo. On the halo’s inner rim was a web from which tiny random drops of light were suspended. Continue reading
So there I was, transformed into a me-sized salmon, lying in a hospital bed awaiting death and rebirth. In Auspicious Accident: Part One, I’d had a fall; that night, a vivid and meaningful dream, in which I found myself prone on … Continue reading
An Affair of the Heart
“With this hand I converted you. You cannot revert”.
“I was never that statue fashioned from this block”.
“I made you in beauty unsurpassable; then, invoking Venus, made you flesh!” Continue reading
“Proposal rejection 13. Novel.” Bubbles in his beer deflated. “That ocean will outlast the walls of this beach house.”
“Not for long.”
“Headlines – Palaeontologist Predicts End of World.”
“Palaeontologists Report Planet’s Final Straw.”
“The demise of Emily Huxley.” Continue reading