- 65,898 hits
- Walking Covehithe July 9, 2019
- How Far Does The Hand Reach? Botanical Signatures Textile Art Exhibition, Norwich, England, July 18-20 2019 July 8, 2019
- Little Maps of Trees is at The Other Art Fair London July 1, 2019
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Recreation and Sports
‘Walking towards’ feels, as an action, to be walking with more force, purpose and goal than ‘walking to’. Here’s what I came up with when I did an Internet search using just the words, ‘walking towards’.
Walking towards the Games is a site about free guided walks (London’s ‘Strategic Walk Network)with the aim of making London one of the most walking friendly cities in Europe by 2012, when London will be hosting the 2012 Olympic Games. The walks “… connect some of London’s best attractions, parks, woodlands, rivers and open spaces”. Nine out of forty London walks are flagged as ‘Walking towards the Games’ when walkers will see how easy it will be to walk to the Olympic site.
Shocked, it inspired Fran to set about collecting 46,000 pieces of litter whilst walking on the beaches near her home. At each visit, she picked up all the litter she could carry and whilst walking raised nearly £1,000 for the Marine Conservation Society through sponsorship and sale of her unique seaside ‘souvenirs’. Continue reading