- 84,273 hits
- Work in Progress: Painting Exercise Using a Limited Palette April 5, 2022
- Some Maps are Nautical April 1, 2022
- Attention and Discernment March 22, 2022
- Spring is on its Way Again – Inside and Out March 8, 2022
- Bloganuary 28: Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs January 29, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Join 1,154 other followers
Tag Archives: Ray Charles
Every Friday authors from around the world gather at the virtual fireside of fellow blogger Rochelle Wisoff to share flash fiction stories of 100 words, all prompted by a common photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. Readers’ comments are also welcome. … Continue reading
The Last Road Trip
Sure she breathes! Though it sounds like Siberian throat singing.
She’s just your everyday girl, though the boy next door avoids her.
Built her with my own hands, though I had to pay two men at night for some of her parts.
“I’m yours, baby,” sang Ray.
“Hotter than July,” sang Stevie.
“Let’s take the long way around the world,” sang Ronnie.
“Love at first sight,” they joked.
She fitted right in with those hot rods in Bonneville.
She took to disappearing. There’s news of a hit’n run.
We’re heading for the mountains: me, her, Ray, Ronnie and Stevie.
(c) Ann Isik 2013
100 words Continue reading