- 62,897 hits
- Tiny Sketchbook Project: Sent February 18, 2019
- A Tiny Poem for the 44th and Last of the Page Spreads for the Tiny Sketchbook Project February 12, 2019
- Tiny Sketchbook Project: Making a Mark, Leaving a Trace February 10, 2019
- Tiny Sketchbook Project: Page Spread with Teaspoon February 9, 2019
- Tiny Sketchbook Project: Front Cover February 8, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Poetic Mapping
Warning: really long blog coming up. (I had to do a really long poetic walk this time). The quote opening my blog of 29 August was from The Zen of Seeing: Frederick Franck. Intrigued, I sent for the book. In parallel … Continue reading
In my article on walkabouts I described how when Australian Aboriginals go ‘walkabout’ they follow paths known as ‘songlines’ or ‘dreaming lines’. It reminded me of Ley Lines. Ley Lines could be said to be the Western European equivalent of ‘songlines’, but only in that they are similarly believed to be connections between ‘sacred’ sites.
Part travelogue, part art …
If ‘Walking into Art’ sounds a bit like a collision, like ‘walking into a door’, well, a lot of artistic invention begins in accident.
If you believe in accident, that is. Continue reading