- 51,626 hits
- Chinese Lanterns and Draconids October 8, 2017
- First Art from Beyond The Great Transition: Eco Collographs with Healing Sumac and Turmeric, Light and Emily Dickinson October 2, 2017
- I’m Back – And Befriending the Rohingya September 21, 2017
- Passing It On: Rob Stevens August 21, 2017
- Post-Walkabout, I Run into Archimedes and Tangerine Meg in the Pursuit of An Eco Collograph and Its Ghost August 10, 2017
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Altered Books Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Natural Dyeing
A recent eco print experiment. This is an iron blanket (or carrier cloth). It ought to have had prints from plant material on it. Didn’t work. Hmmm. As usual, I sprayed the cloth with a 50/50 vinegar/water solution. It was … Continue reading
An eco print (botanical pressure print) on silk, from my recent batch. The red dye is from red Virginia Creeper leaves. I was lucky to get the leaves. Normally, Virginia Creeper is found decorating the walls of private houses and … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading my blog you’ll know that yesterday I launched a project ‘An Inch A Day’. This is about creating (at the very least) an inch of art, writing, singing, whatever, on a daily basis, no matter what else happens during the day. Continue reading
Somewhere in there (gasp) – The Olympic Sculpture Park at Seattle Art Museum – is my little sketchbook. It must be terrified.
If you’re in Seattle, it’s there today and tomorrow to be seen (and smelled). Continue reading
4×4 Canvasses – EncausticisedThe image here is of six, out of a suite of twelve, 4″ square deep canvasses, to which I’ve added a top layer of plaster cloth (Mod Roc). I’ve then added layers of clear encaustic medium and to some, yellow ochre and indian red oil paints (wiped on then wiped off) white encaustic medium and soy bean wax, blending and fusing the layers as I’ve gone, with a hot gun. Continue reading
This image may not seem very exciting, but I proved something during this dyeing process.
A friend turned up the other day with a huge parcel of rhubarb leaves from her dad’s garden. She’d kept a promise to bring me some for dyeing purposes and had had them in her freezer for a couple of weeks. Continue reading
In my previous blog I showed the results of a batch of eco print bundles on paper and fabric that I’d dyed using rhubarb leaves.
The experiment included some silk samples. It was my first attempt at eco printing with silk. Continue reading