- 64,604 hits
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- My Entry for TAE19 (Twitter Art Exhibit 2019): Windfall April 11, 2019
- Brambly Personage and its Iron Blanket April 10, 2019
- Brambly Personage April 9, 2019
- Mysterious Personage – Papier Mache Cast Finished March 27, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Monoprints
What the photos don’t show are the mica-like specs embedded in these papers, which are the cardboard backings of watercolour-faced boards, separated into sheets by peeling when wet. Some of the specs are pink. They glitter constantly reminding me of … Continue reading →
Still inching along my Plaster of Paris encaustic Pavillon Chinois images. Here’s a section from one of the images I’ve been working on today. I printed the image onto TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) then ironed that onto acid-free tissue paper … Continue reading →
A page from my Plaster of Paris and encaustic accordion book.
In my blog Dyeing with Rhubarb Leaves, I wrote that I didn’t get what I expected. “Not at all.”
Not at all meaning I was disappointed … Continue reading →
I had managed to ruin these two postcard-sized eco prints – which came out of a January batch of bundles – by adding too much encaustic wax. Drenched would be the appropriate verb to use.
They turned black and hard, like they had been smoked over an open fire. The leaf patterning was obliterated, except when held up to light.
Eco Print on Khadi Paper 15 February 2015I laid them aside, knowing I ought to dispose of them,but couldn’t.
I forgot about them. Then yesterday the idea came to me that I should … Continue reading →
This is what’s called, in quilting circles, the flower arrangement – six hexagonal petals and a seventh for the centre.
I’ve made this flower from a piece of eco-printed fabric. It’s from the first batch of bundles I ever printed. Continue reading →
An image is forming.
This is an eco print on cotton from a recent batch. The red lines are imprints of the red sari silk I used to tie up this little test bundle for steaming. It made me think veins and I saw how I could use this to develop my Below the Line project. Continue reading →
I decided a couple of months ago to take part again in the annual Arthouse Coop sketchbook challenge and tour and to use the sketchbook they sent me to complete for the 2015 challenge, to progress my Below the Line project. Continue reading →