- 86,259 hits
A map does not just chart, it unlocks and formulates meaning; it forms bridges between here and there, between disparate ideas that we did not know were previously connected. ... Reif Larsen, The Selected Works of T S Spivet.
- Bloganuary 27: What language do you wish you could speak? And The Shoah (Holocaust) January 27, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 25: What is a song or poem that speaks to you and why? January 24, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 21: Who is your favorite author and why? January 21, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 19: What color describes your personality and why? January 19, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 18: What’s your favorite meal to cook and/or eat? January 19, 2023
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Blogging Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Monoprinting Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Quotes Research Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Walking Writing
Join 1,339 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Monoprinting
Holy places are dark places. It is life and strength, not knowledge and words, that we get in them. Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and dark like blood. – C S Lewis
All images arising at the moment result from an art programme I’m undertaking. Last week’s course module dealt with balancing colour values using a palette limited to black, white, dark cadmium red and yellow ochre. This is my second year … Continue reading →
Here’s two mark-makers, out of one. It was originally a sponge roller. The sponge had deteriorated a bit. I took it off and replaced it with rubber bands. I cut notches into the sponge and now I’ve a sponge stamp … Continue reading →
Sample of layered work on silk satin using a range of eco, botanical, contact printing methods from Kathy Hays Design courses, and using plant matter harvested from my garden.
I promised in my last blog to turn up by the light of Chinese lanterns. Well, here they are – some eco collographs using these spectacular flowers. And if you’re anywhere north, don’t miss out on the weekend’s Draconid Meteor … Continue reading →
Another experiment using in part a technique (creating mirror images) from Kathy Hays’ video eco print workshop. Instead of silk fabric, I’ve used a book of watercolour paper postcards whose blank faces have been awaiting activation for a couple of … Continue reading →