- 81,819 hits
- Work in Progress: Painting Exercise Using a Limited Palette April 5, 2022
- Some Maps are Nautical April 1, 2022
- Attention and Discernment March 22, 2022
- Spring is on its Way Again – Inside and Out March 8, 2022
- Bloganuary 28: Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs January 29, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Middle Ages
reasoning was that encounters with natural forms such as the above, can represent opportunities for self-growth, through the phenomenon Jung defined as ‘Archetype’.
With this in mind, I mounted the first rung of my Elfin Ladder with an exploration of the words elf and ladder. Definitions, including symbolic and mythological are widely available. How these relate specifically to me at this particular time, can be of little use or interest to anyone else. (We can only make our own journeys – take our own walks). For
example’s sake, I’ll reveal that at the time of my encounter with this tree, I was on the brink of a big change in my life. It was planned. Secreted within this change however, lurked another.