- 79,767 hits
- Bloganuary 22: The Impossible Finch and The Machines January 22, 2022
- Bloganuary21: Time Travelling to 9/11 January 21, 2022
- On Collage and the Loss of Wonder January 17, 2022
- Thin Place Peripherals January 7, 2022
- HAPPY NEW YEAR December 29, 2021
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: Long Fiction Writing
Further to Eclipses and Cuckoos, a further nine stones, unearthed on our lottie over the past month or so. Where they had lain, are now sweetcorn and globe artichokes (and one cardoon, misidentified by the garden centre and masquerading as an artichoke).
They are very similar, cardoons and artichokes. You can eat cardoons – the stems – whereas it is the bud (the large globe) of the globe artichoke that is eaten.
What’s spooky about these nine stones? Continue reading