- 69,534 hits
- Oak Leaves, a Storm, the Pond May 14, 2020
- The Spirit Lizard and Covid- 19 May 9, 2020
- Testing Water for Iron Content May 8, 2020
- Chaos and Onion Skins May 1, 2020
- Still Taking the Anti-Dote (to the Poison of Chaos) And an Art Note February 17, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: LifeJournal
I’ve just been presented with an opportunity to handle a stressful situation with greater mindfulness. This is a type of situation that I almost always deal with badly. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say my handling skill in this kind of situation is close to zero.
This time, instead of rushing in like the proverbial bull in the china shop, I decided to adopt a more mindful approach, opened my journaling program and started typing about it instead. Smoke was soon flying from my computer keys! Continue reading
I’ve spent most of my time this week fusing my two web sites into one. The logic being, why am I paying for two web sites that nobody ever visits, instead of just one? So I’m raising a glass (please join me!) to the launch of the all singing, all dancing, Ann Isik Arts!
To accord with my various interests and activities as artist, writer, walker, singer, vegetarian, animal lover, bla, bla …I’ve added some pages for reviews; of books, software, web sites and exhibitions and my debut review is one of a series I’m going to write, about Life Journal journalling software. I’ve been using this software for over 5 years now and on close to a daily basis. Continue reading