- 83,173 hits
- Work in Progress: Painting Exercise Using a Limited Palette April 5, 2022
- Some Maps are Nautical April 1, 2022
- Attention and Discernment March 22, 2022
- Spring is on its Way Again – Inside and Out March 8, 2022
- Bloganuary 28: Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs January 29, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Join 1,154 other followers
Tag Archives: LifeJournal
I’ve just been presented with an opportunity to handle a stressful situation with greater mindfulness. This is a type of situation that I almost always deal with badly. I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say my handling skill in this kind of situation is close to zero.
This time, instead of rushing in like the proverbial bull in the china shop, I decided to adopt a more mindful approach, opened my journaling program and started typing about it instead. Smoke was soon flying from my computer keys! Continue reading
I’ve spent most of my time this week fusing my two web sites into one. The logic being, why am I paying for two web sites that nobody ever visits, instead of just one? So I’m raising a glass (please join me!) to the launch of the all singing, all dancing, Ann Isik Arts!
To accord with my various interests and activities as artist, writer, walker, singer, vegetarian, animal lover, bla, bla …I’ve added some pages for reviews; of books, software, web sites and exhibitions and my debut review is one of a series I’m going to write, about Life Journal journalling software. I’ve been using this software for over 5 years now and on close to a daily basis. Continue reading