- 62,157 hits
- New Year’s Resolutions? I’ve Only Got the One: Clean Up My Room December 23, 2018
- Mark Making, The Zen of Seeing, the Byzantine Monocondyle and the Seven Bridges of Königsberg November 30, 2018
- On the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice: Shanks, E., 100 Years Dead, Not Forgotten November 10, 2018
- Black Bean Dye and Black Bean Soup October 23, 2018
- A Titanic Love Affair, Horse Chestnut Husk Dye and Mordanting with Moses the Chemist October 15, 2018
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Altered Books Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Tag Archives: khadi paper
This image may not seem very exciting, but I proved something during this dyeing process.
A friend turned up the other day with a huge parcel of rhubarb leaves from her dad’s garden. She’d kept a promise to bring me some for dyeing purposes and had had them in her freezer for a couple of weeks. Continue reading
In my previous blog I showed the results of a batch of eco print bundles on paper and fabric that I’d dyed using rhubarb leaves.
The experiment included some silk samples. It was my first attempt at eco printing with silk. Continue reading
Some of the pages were polished – those to which I added beeswax or encaustic wax. The sketchbook was a progression of my artistic exploration Below the Line, a phrase from Deepak Chopra’s book Quantum Healing. I dismantled the sketchbook … Continue reading