- 76,477 hits
- A Return to Painting July 9, 2021
- Natural Dyeing and Eco Printing in Winter: Honesty and Hops I February 1, 2021
- Japanese Anemone 2011 October 18, 2020
- A Lot of Edges Called Perhaps September 23, 2020
- Work in Progress September 5, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Tag Archives: hot rod
Every Friday authors from around the world gather at the virtual fireside of fellow blogger Rochelle Wisoff to share flash fiction stories of 100 words, all prompted by a common photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. Readers’ comments are also welcome. … Continue reading
The Last Road Trip
Sure she breathes! Though it sounds like Siberian throat singing.
She’s just your everyday girl, though the boy next door avoids her.
Built her with my own hands, though I had to pay two men at night for some of her parts.
“I’m yours, baby,” sang Ray.
“Hotter than July,” sang Stevie.
“Let’s take the long way around the world,” sang Ronnie.
“Love at first sight,” they joked.
She fitted right in with those hot rods in Bonneville.
She took to disappearing. There’s news of a hit’n run.
We’re heading for the mountains: me, her, Ray, Ronnie and Stevie.
(c) Ann Isik 2013
100 words Continue reading