- 86,259 hits
A map does not just chart, it unlocks and formulates meaning; it forms bridges between here and there, between disparate ideas that we did not know were previously connected. ... Reif Larsen, The Selected Works of T S Spivet.
- Bloganuary 27: What language do you wish you could speak? And The Shoah (Holocaust) January 27, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 25: What is a song or poem that speaks to you and why? January 24, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 21: Who is your favorite author and why? January 21, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 19: What color describes your personality and why? January 19, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 18: What’s your favorite meal to cook and/or eat? January 19, 2023
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Blogging Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Monoprinting Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Quotes Research Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Walking Writing
Join 1,339 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Editing Fiction
I switched off the phone to avoid the wife’s, “HowyouhavethenervetoabandonyourfamilyatChristmastimealmostIdon’tknowbutyou’dbetternotcomebackstinkingofwhiskyandwomenasusualandmaybeyoushouldnotbothercomingbackatallthistime,”and my brat-pack teenage duo’s non-stop harping for expensive gadgets or the money to buy them and probably enough spliff to kill a small herd of highland cattle.
My inch of the day today is an edited excerpt from my short-story-in-edit The Second Coming of Judas Iscariot, from my trio-of-tales-in-edit Leaves: Three Short Tales. Bateson retrieved the book and placed it back on the desk, noticing with … Continue reading