- 86,259 hits
A map does not just chart, it unlocks and formulates meaning; it forms bridges between here and there, between disparate ideas that we did not know were previously connected. ... Reif Larsen, The Selected Works of T S Spivet.
- Bloganuary 27: What language do you wish you could speak? And The Shoah (Holocaust) January 27, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 25: What is a song or poem that speaks to you and why? January 24, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 21: Who is your favorite author and why? January 21, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 19: What color describes your personality and why? January 19, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 18: What’s your favorite meal to cook and/or eat? January 19, 2023
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Blogging Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Monoprinting Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Quotes Research Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Walking Writing
Join 1,339 other subscribers
Tag Archives: #bloganuary
Jaroussky: I don’t like to discuss my personal life. I feel in classical music, you don’t have to speak about that. I’m working so that my work speaks for itself, like the divine voice of Philippe Jaroussky.
“It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” ― Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility The origins of the Comedy of Manners writing genre into which Austen’s works fall (in my opinion) date to the … Continue reading →
” … an opal changes its colors and its fire to match the nature of a day, so do I.” – John Steinbeck Of all Jung’s Archetypes, I identify most strongly with the Explorer. Explorers have to be chameleons – … Continue reading →
“A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.” – Thomas Keller The Last Supper consisted of bread and wine. Jesus of Nazareth transformed these two simple ingredients into his body and his blood … Continue reading →
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr. Yes, there has been a day that, to date, marks the happiest day of my life. In line with the quote, … Continue reading →
“Smells detonate softly in our memory like poignant land mines hidden under the weedy mass of years. Hit a tripwire of smell and memories explode all at once. A complex vision leaps out of the undergrowth.” – Diane Ackerman Yes, … Continue reading →
Bloganuary 2023: Day 12: What chore do you find the most challenging to do? (Or, Walden: or, Life in the Woods)
“I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable … Continue reading →
“An artist cannot fail; it is a success just to be one.” Charles Coolidge. Success, in my view, depends upon perseverance on a defined course. A course is a journey. It has a starting point, a projected destination and the … Continue reading →
I don’t recall a time when I was not reading a book, though these days, it’s usually an audiobook and on average I’d say I listen to one a week. Many of my physical books are about art, artists, art … Continue reading →
Sense and Sensibility (and I don’t mean the book).