- 86,260 hits
A map does not just chart, it unlocks and formulates meaning; it forms bridges between here and there, between disparate ideas that we did not know were previously connected. ... Reif Larsen, The Selected Works of T S Spivet.
- Bloganuary 27: What language do you wish you could speak? And The Shoah (Holocaust) January 27, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 25: What is a song or poem that speaks to you and why? January 24, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 21: Who is your favorite author and why? January 21, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 19: What color describes your personality and why? January 19, 2023
- Bloganuary 2023: Day 18: What’s your favorite meal to cook and/or eat? January 19, 2023
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Blogging Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Monoprinting Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Quotes Research Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Walking Writing
Join 1,339 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Albin Vega
I made this card for my husband’s recent birthday. The support’s a 7″x5″ canvas board. Again, I’m experimenting with collage, modelling paste, shellac, encaustic and glitter and sandpaper and acrylic medium, and, and, and … There are several layers to this, each mauled to within an inch of its life with one instrument of torture or another. The image is the boat we’re doing up (a 1970s Albin Vega). The boat in reality looks a lot better than on this card as we’ve almost finished stripping the layers of antifouling paint from the hull. It’s not a job I want to do again in a tearing hurry and that’s a fact. Continue reading
More artistic developments on photos of the distressed paint we’re stripping off the hull of our Albin Vega. These started as Photoshop manipulations of the photos. I then printed copies off – onto cheap 80 gsm inkjet paper – sprayed … Continue reading
Despite the other night’s in-dream admonitions from my team of angel guides about stalling, I have not been totally idle on the art front. Here are some works I made last weekend. I made them on the hull of our … Continue reading
I’ve been on holiday this week. Well, for three days, then both my husband and I had to return to work.
No, I’ve not been on one of those action holidays! I’m in the process of removing the antifouling paint from the hull of the boat my husband and I are restoring. It’s a 1970s Albin Vega. The paint used in the 1970s was toxic, hence the overalls mask and goggles. Continue reading