- 82,424 hits
- Work in Progress: Painting Exercise Using a Limited Palette April 5, 2022
- Some Maps are Nautical April 1, 2022
- Attention and Discernment March 22, 2022
- Spring is on its Way Again – Inside and Out March 8, 2022
- Bloganuary 28: Richard Strauss’ Four Last Songs January 29, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Category Archives: Poetry
As a gardener as well as an artist – and gardening for this artist means growing plants for food, for natural dyeing/eco printing and for the spirit – the 2021 gardening year has been notable for its length. The images … Continue reading
2019 was not a year for blogging. I didn’t plan it that way. But from late spring onwards, what plans I had for the year were snatched away and I was flying by the seat of my pants. 2020 is … Continue reading
A couple of days ago I learnt that I’d been accepted into Ning’s Artist Book 3.0 group and I’ve been busy uploading images to albums on my Ning personal page. In the process of looking again at works I’ve not viewed … Continue reading
I’d been singing all day. Lots of lyrics, but these ones keep putting themselves before me at the moment: So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, neither the moon at night and then I came home … Continue reading
Life flowers Continue reading
The sound of her silk skirt has stopped.
On the marble pavement dust grows.
Her empty room is cold and still.
Fallen leaves are piled against the doors.
Longing for that lovely lady
How can I bring my aching heart to rest?
The above poem was written by Wu-ti (187-57 b.c.) when his mistress, Li Fu-jen, died. Unable to bear his grief, he sent for wizards from all parts of China, hoping that they would be able to put him into communication with her spirit. At last one of them managed to project her shape on to a curtain. Continue reading