- 63,897 hits
- My Entry for TAE19 (Twitter Art Exhibit 2019): Windfall April 11, 2019
- Brambly Personage and its Iron Blanket April 10, 2019
- Brambly Personage April 9, 2019
- Mysterious Personage – Papier Mache Cast Finished March 27, 2019
- Papier Mache Form in Progress March 1, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Category Archives: Poetry
A couple of days ago I learnt that I’d been accepted into Ning’s Artist Book 3.0 group and I’ve been busy uploading images to albums on my Ning personal page. In the process of looking again at works I’ve not viewed … Continue reading
I’d been singing all day. Lots of lyrics, but these ones keep putting themselves before me at the moment: So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, neither the moon at night and then I came home … Continue reading
Life flowers Continue reading
The sound of her silk skirt has stopped.
On the marble pavement dust grows.
Her empty room is cold and still.
Fallen leaves are piled against the doors.
Longing for that lovely lady
How can I bring my aching heart to rest?
The above poem was written by Wu-ti (187-57 b.c.) when his mistress, Li Fu-jen, died. Unable to bear his grief, he sent for wizards from all parts of China, hoping that they would be able to put him into communication with her spirit. At last one of them managed to project her shape on to a curtain. Continue reading