- 51,596 hits
- Chinese Lanterns and Draconids October 8, 2017
- First Art from Beyond The Great Transition: Eco Collographs with Healing Sumac and Turmeric, Light and Emily Dickinson October 2, 2017
- I’m Back – And Befriending the Rohingya September 21, 2017
- Passing It On: Rob Stevens August 21, 2017
- Post-Walkabout, I Run into Archimedes and Tangerine Meg in the Pursuit of An Eco Collograph and Its Ghost August 10, 2017
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Altered Books Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Category Archives: Walkabout
Going walkabout. See you soon.
In my article on walkabouts I described how when Australian Aboriginals go ‘walkabout’ they follow paths known as ‘songlines’ or ‘dreaming lines’. It reminded me of Ley Lines. Ley Lines could be said to be the Western European equivalent of ‘songlines’, but only in that they are similarly believed to be connections between ‘sacred’ sites.