“Give me silence, water, hope
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes.”
– Ode to Silence: Pablo Neruda
Samples of water from four different sources tested for iron content. From left to right: tap water, water from a garden water butt, sea water, bottled English mineral water.
The test results tell me there is little iron in any of the samples. The sample richest in iron is the sea water.
Good to know for eco-printing and natural dyeing.
I’m thinking how iron is silent until struck. We all know what that means.
- 69,613 hits
- Oak Leaves, a Storm, the Pond May 14, 2020
- The Spirit Lizard and Covid- 19 May 9, 2020
- Testing Water for Iron Content May 8, 2020
- Chaos and Onion Skins May 1, 2020
- Still Taking the Anti-Dote (to the Poison of Chaos) And an Art Note February 17, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing