“Give me silence, water, hope
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes.”
– Ode to Silence: Pablo Neruda
Samples of water from four different sources tested for iron content. From left to right: tap water, water from a garden water butt, sea water, bottled English mineral water.
The test results tell me there is little iron in any of the samples. The sample richest in iron is the sea water.
Good to know for eco-printing and natural dyeing.
I’m thinking how iron is silent until struck. We all know what that means.
- 79,822 hits
- Bloguanuary 24: A Dream and a Pilgrimage January 24, 2022
- Bloganuary 22: The Impossible Finch and The Machines January 22, 2022
- Bloganuary21: Time Travelling to 9/11 January 21, 2022
- On Collage and the Loss of Wonder January 17, 2022
- Thin Place Peripherals January 7, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing