“Give me silence, water, hope
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes.”
– Ode to Silence: Pablo Neruda
Samples of water from four different sources tested for iron content. From left to right: tap water, water from a garden water butt, sea water, bottled English mineral water.
The test results tell me there is little iron in any of the samples. The sample richest in iron is the sea water.
Good to know for eco-printing and natural dyeing.
I’m thinking how iron is silent until struck. We all know what that means.
- 70,582 hits
- Linen and Silk Samples Dyed with a Decoction of Dyer’s Chamomile Flowers July 27, 2020
- Eco Print on Silk July 10, 2020
- Another Test Eco Print on Silk Satin July 6, 2020
- Eco Print on Linen July 1, 2020
- Eco Printing to the Accompaniment of Quanta Qualia June 30, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing