Cecil Collins: Fools and Angels

From: Cecil Collins: A Retrospective Exhibition:

Artists can do something more: they can vanquish the lie.”
(Alexander Solzhenitsyn)

Some Books:

The Quest for the Great Happiness: Cecil Collins: William Anderson and Cecil Collins: 1988
Cecil Collins: A Retrospective Exhibition: Judith Collins: Tate Gallery 1989
The Vision of the Fool and Other Writings: Ed: Brian Keeble: Golgonooza Press 1994;
Meditations, Poems, Pages from a Sketchbook: Cecil Collins: Ed: Brian Keeble: 1998
In Celebration of Cecil Collins: Visionary Artist and Educator: Nomi Rowe: 2008

If you haven’t time to watch the whole video, try from 16:00 onwards, or 20:00 onwards.

Artist/Writer/Blogger
This entry was posted in Art, Artist Review, Christian writing, Creativity, Inspiration, Romanticism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Cecil Collins: Fools and Angels

1. Suzanne says:

Hi Ann, I thought you might be interested to know that I have tried to open this blog post several times but can’t get it to load properly. Btw -seems like people want me to keep blogging on my old blog so I will probably do that and not start a new one after all.

Thanks for the heads up. I can’t see a problem but I’ll add a direct link to the You Tube video as well.

• Suzanne says:

Thanks. I can’t get the video to load at all.

If you have time could you see if it loads from You Tube direct and let me know? Just when convenient to you. Just search on YT for ‘Cecil Collins Artist’.

• Suzanne says:

Ok. I’ll do it now. – Yep – it loaded. It looks very interesting. I’ll watch it later on today.

That’s good. I’ll be writing more on Collins and The Fool. Had a blissful evening starting to gather ideas and making small sketches for the project I have picked up again after some time. Had to spend the afternoon in bed because of dizziness – inner ear problems. It’s 1am now. Sleep is next ‘job’.

• Suzanne says:

Have you ever done that exercise about clearing the platelets in the inner ear to stop that dizziness? Its impossible to describe here though you might find something online. Otherwise ask your doctor. I had problems with dizziness when I had chronic fatigue. some years ago. The doctor told me how to do the exercise. I found it helped a great deal.
        I hope your sleep goes well. 🙂

The Epley Manoeuvre, I think. Yep. I had treatments that included continually moving lights. In other circumstances it might have been called ‘torture’! 🙂

• Suzanne says:

I had to look up the Epley manouvre. The one I did was slightly different. I sat on the bed then let my upper body lie down on one side then the other several times. Maybe I did it wrong but it did work for me. It doesn’t work for everyone though. The spinning light treatment sounds awful.
        Vertigo is a horrible sensation that’s for sure. I hope you find some answers.

I remember doing this one too. I’m glad it worked for you. My situation is ‘settled’ with occasional dizziness flare-ups. Nothing too bad. Hope it stays that way. I was really disabled when it first developed. Horrible time of my life.

That’s good news that you’re going to continue with your blog. 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )