And Another Eco Print on Watercolour Paper

Eco print on watercolour paper using eucalyptus, bramble (blackberry) and mystery leaf

This entry was posted in Art, Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing, Ecology, Printmaking and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to And Another Eco Print on Watercolour Paper

1. Suzanne says:

Hi Ann, this print reminds me of the ground outside my backdoor this week. I put some photos of it on FB that you might like.

And I’m preoccupied at present with ‘negative spaces’ in art – the spaces between ‘things’ – and just now read ‘Between Realities’ which is yet another angle on ‘negative spaces’. The fae are working overtime tonight! 🙂

• Suzanne says:

Ah – there’s an interesting view. I agree about the fae working hard at present – waves of golden light permeate my sleep and sometimes my waking state at present.

That’s a great image – waves of golden light in your sleep. I’ve just had a look at your FB photos. It seems you are finding calm amidst the chaos these days. (That’s yet another angle on ‘negative spaces’). My dreams are often troubled these days, but having moved house it’s not altogether unexpected! 🙂

• Suzanne says:

I hope things settle for you. I seem to fluctuating between bad dreams that wake me up then strange waves of light that come afterwards. I’m doing a kind of spiritual practice at present where I’m consciously seeking to change my thought patterns. I might try and write about it later today but need to get a bit clearer about the process first.
        I really want to move to another town but for now it seems I am being held in place. I’m a renter and there is nothing in my price bracket where I want to go. Today though I am going to create negative space in my vegie garden and remove all the spent summer crops. I think I’ll use some of that leaf litter as mulch and leave the space empty – maybe the universe will get the message and fill the empty space with a new place to live. 🙂

I look forward to reading what you have to write about your process. What you are going to do in your garden seems indeed to parallel your desire to create space for a new reality – to create a new fertile space. You’re also taking the chaos that the weather threw at you and turning it to the good! I’m going to set up a new compost bin tomorrow, to increase the fertility of my soil here. I’m off to sleep now. I hope for some of those waves of golden light. 🙂

• Suzanne says:

It turns out the garden is a major job and will take a week or more. The proposed blog post seems equally difficult to achieve. The ideas might come through in fiction one day soon.
        I hope you get a good night’s sleep. Just calling in light before you sleep or after bad dreams does seem to open channels to spiritual healing I find. All the best – Suzanne

Thanks for the tip. I’ll use it. Like you, I have had experience of that golden light. Translucent. And proof, in the form of a (translucent) golden bead, that what I had just experienced, was not a figment of my very colourful (golden?) imagination! I have come to believe that life is a very complex layering of realities, much of which we know little or nothing about. Animals sometimes have more sensitivity to other realities than humans!

• Suzanne says:

Ah yes, you have expressed it beautifully. The light does seem to come to us from beyond . I agree about layers of reality. There’s another blog post I want to write but that one will definitely take a while. 🙂

• Suzanne says:

Immediately after writing that comment I found a prompt that gave me a way into writing about this stuff. I don’t know if it will mean anything to you but here’s the link anyway – https://bloggingcalmandchaos.wordpress.com/2018/02/18/house-dreams/

I’ve commented on your house-dreams blog. It is stunning. 3.33 am resonates with me so much. I will get back to you on this! 🙂

• Suzanne says:

Waking up at different times that are always number patterns is happening to a lot of people these days. 3:33 and 4:44 are very common. Seeing patterns in our waking life is also common – 1:44, 5:55 and 2:22 are ones that recur for me. I’ve read a lot about what they might mean but only rarely find a commentary that resonates with me. They do seem to be part of the awakening process though and different patterns carry different energies. 5:55 often appears for me (again and again and again) just before I’m about to get a major spiritual breakthrough.

I went through a phase of waking up at either 1.11, 2.22,3.33,4.44, 5.55 and sometimes, every night for a while, at say, 3.33, 2.22. I joked that if I woke up even ONCE at 6.66 I’d have myself exorcised! I have theories about this, but haven’t found anything written about it. I’ll do some research and see if anything resonates. You are the first person I’ve ‘met’ to whom this has also happened. That’s quite exciting. 🙂 I haven’t really thought about it before but yes, there were spiritual goings on around me at that time, that I became consciously aware of and some of it was not nice at all. Only about a week ago I woke up at 3.33. I will try and pay more attention to what these manifestation might mean now that I am settled (a bit) in my little pink house. I do hope you find a new home to suit very soon. I’m sure you will. 🙂