I am London – Requiem

yesterday
plans changed today I am alive I am alive
I am alive I am alive

I am London I am Westminster
alive
I am
yesterday yesterday plans changed today
I am alive they died

I am alive
they died

Requiem

This entry was posted in Music, Singing, Singing Sacred, spirituality and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to I am London – Requiem

1. Dr Phyllis M Joyce says:

That touches the heart …

2. Suzanne says:

My heart goes out to you and all Londoners at this time.

Thanks, Suzanne. I’m always at a loss to understand how killing is ‘the answer’.

• Suzanne says:

I think there is a terrible sickness afflicting many people on the planet at present. At the same time many people are beginning to wake up and question the values of this crazy world.

Yes, that’s my perception too; the pendulum seems to swing ever and ever higher at both ends.

• Suzanne says:

Yes, this does feel like what’s happening. Some one said to me last week that the zen point, the balance point of detached neutrality must be what it means to be enlightened. It’s a nice idea but there is so much suffering at present it’s hard to remain detached – and – is that even a good thing. Maybe if we all cared more we could somehow change the world. I don’t know…

I think spiritual detachment is a different thing to emotional indifference. It’s not good to be indifferent, for sure. But I console myself in moments of helplessness that there is more good in the world than bad, or we would have blown it to smithereens by now! Hope I’m right.

I’m alive. (Daft poem). Yet every death of this kind seems to take something away from one’s own existence. I rember years ago I was walking down Kensington High Street and a van pulled up, the back doors burst open and a bunch of shouting men with white bags over their heads (with holes for eyes) leapt onto the street. One headed straight for me – and handed me a leaflet. He could have handed me a bullet. That’s how these poor people lost their lives, out of the blue, as they were living their ordinary lives. It seems to make life senseless and I suppose my daft poem was my attempt to say it is not, that it has value. That these people’s lives were not in vain.

• Suzanne says:

I agree with your last line. I’d been avoiding the news and my London geography is a bit hazy. I saw some footage tonight though and realised that, of course, I know that bridge. I’ve walked over it when I was a tourist in London a few years ago. I listened to the accounts of who had died. So incredibly sad, and so incredibly pointless. They could have been any one of us. These terrorist attacks are so dreadful.
        I didn’t find your poem daft. I think that is what we artists do in times like these. We express through our work what the collective is feeling. So much great art comes out of extreme times. Keep writing, I say. Keep making your wonderful cloth. Express yourself. You are right – all these people who are being killed in these random acts – we can’t let their deaths go unnoticed.

Thank you for your kind words. Very kind words. I’m just about to publish another blog about an artist I met recently in Lincolnshire who is doing wonderful things in the domain of the spirit. It is our job, we artists, to write our writings, do our art. It is not pointless, useless. Nor is any life.

• Suzanne says:

I’ll look out for your post. It sounds good.

I had an interesting time. I’m off to see what you’ve been up to recently now! Actually, you’ve talked me through a ‘cloud’ I’ve been under recently. It’s amazing the power of a little bit of encouragement – it definitely helps to readjust to a healthy perspective! Love is powerful. A grain of it is all it takes! Thank you! And I rarely use exclamation marks. 🙂

• Suzanne says:

You’re welcome. You helped me too. I was getting so overwhelmed by bad news I was started to retreat too far from the world.

I’m often to be found orbiting Andromeda. I am reading your blog about Archons, which sent me off in the direction of Paracelsus and his ‘elementals’; and when I should have been reading up on Hermeticism (art project).

• Suzanne says:

Great feedback. Thanks.

Sorry, it wasn’t very good ‘feedback’ at all; just comments. I want to read some more of your writing. Find some time to do that, but I did enjoy the ‘archon’ blog. Fascinating and it reminded me of Paracelsus and his ‘elementals’ and did a bit of reading up on that. Expanded my knowledge base.

• Suzanne says:

It was great feedback actually. Most people are ignoring my more way out posts. That’s why I’m moving all the spiritual stuff to https://crystalgazing.wordpress.com/ I don’t think many are reading it but it gives me more freedom to say what I want. This blog will just become my general blog. 🙂

I’m relieved I haven’t offended you. I will refocus to your ‘spiritual’ site. It is not surprising that few read it – to be expected.

• Suzanne says:

Absolutely no offence taken.

3. Renie Burghardt says:

So very sad! Very sorry for the loss of innocent lives,