- 65,898 hits
- Walking Covehithe July 9, 2019
- How Far Does The Hand Reach? Botanical Signatures Textile Art Exhibition, Norwich, England, July 18-20 2019 July 8, 2019
- Little Maps of Trees is at The Other Art Fair London July 1, 2019
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Daily Archives: February 16, 2015
I had managed to ruin these two postcard-sized eco prints – which came out of a January batch of bundles – by adding too much encaustic wax. Drenched would be the appropriate verb to use.
They turned black and hard, like they had been smoked over an open fire. The leaf patterning was obliterated, except when held up to light.
Eco Print on Khadi Paper 15 February 2015I laid them aside, knowing I ought to dispose of them,but couldn’t.
I forgot about them. Then yesterday the idea came to me that I should … Continue reading →