- 79,875 hits
- Bloganuary 27: Thin Places January 27, 2022
- Bloguanuary 24: A Dream and a Pilgrimage January 24, 2022
- Bloganuary 22: The Impossible Finch and The Machines January 22, 2022
- Bloganuary21: Time Travelling to 9/11 January 21, 2022
- On Collage and the Loss of Wonder January 17, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Daily Archives: February 16, 2015
I had managed to ruin these two postcard-sized eco prints – which came out of a January batch of bundles – by adding too much encaustic wax. Drenched would be the appropriate verb to use.
They turned black and hard, like they had been smoked over an open fire. The leaf patterning was obliterated, except when held up to light.
Eco Print on Khadi Paper 15 February 2015I laid them aside, knowing I ought to dispose of them,but couldn’t.
I forgot about them. Then yesterday the idea came to me that I should … Continue reading →