- 64,906 hits
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- My Entry for TAE19 (Twitter Art Exhibit 2019): Windfall April 11, 2019
- Brambly Personage and its Iron Blanket April 10, 2019
- Brambly Personage April 9, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Monthly Archives: January 2015
Every Friday writers worldwide gather round the virtual fireside of Rochelle Wisoff and share stories of 100 words, prompted by a common photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. You don’t have to write to read. Click on the blue frog at … Continue reading
I’ve been exploring dyeing with rust. Here’s an assortment of cloths and fabrics that I rust-dyed a couple of weeks ago.
For the rust tea, I purloined some suitable ironmongery from the shed and soaked it outdoors in pail of vinegar for a few weeks. I allowed rain fell into the bucket, too. Continue reading
The boat had grounded in the half-shadows of a willow. The wild flapping of the flag on the mast had drawn his attention.
“I thought it a trapped bird. Strange flag.”
“A tapestry,” she said.
“A madwoman’s creation, Elaine.”
“Mad? Look, here is the moon’s reflection, shattered by the water. Here, the sun, sharded. Here, the stars, broken, all reflected in her mirror.” Continue reading
His parents didn’t come to the wedding; their gift a garish orange dinner service – cheap fairground prize won long ago.
“Carnival glass is collectable these days,” Adi had said, generously, adding,“they’ll come round. Patience.” Continue reading