A century ago today Great Britain declared war on Germany. Units of the British Army immediately went onto War Stations and battalions like this one began to march out of camp or depot and towards pre-planned locations to gather in preparation for joining the British Expeditionary Force (BEF). The BEF was Britain’s pre-planned response to a European War and units began to land in France as early as 5th August 1914 with the bulk of the first infantry and cavalry in the following week. Britain was now at war: the hour was go.
- 79,822 hits
- Bloguanuary 24: A Dream and a Pilgrimage January 24, 2022
- Bloganuary 22: The Impossible Finch and The Machines January 22, 2022
- Bloganuary21: Time Travelling to 9/11 January 21, 2022
- On Collage and the Loss of Wonder January 17, 2022
- Thin Place Peripherals January 7, 2022
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Painting Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing