On this day in 1914, the United Kingdom declared war on Germany. At 6:30pm that evening, the 1st Battalion The Black Watch received their mobilization orders. Pictured below is the original handwritten war diary of the 1st Battalion. This would have been submitted to RHQ where it would be typed up and stored. Any additional information required would later have been added as appendices.
- 60,873 hits
- On the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice: Shanks, E., 100 Years Dead, Not Forgotten November 10, 2018
- Black Bean Dye and Black Bean Soup October 23, 2018
- A Titanic Love Affair, Horse Chestnut Husk Dye and Mordanting with Moses the Chemist October 15, 2018
- (no title) October 4, 2018
- Homage to Nature October 3, 2018
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Altered Books Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing