On this day in 1914, the United Kingdom declared war on Germany. At 6:30pm that evening, the 1st Battalion The Black Watch received their mobilization orders. Pictured below is the original handwritten war diary of the 1st Battalion. This would have been submitted to RHQ where it would be typed up and stored. Any additional information required would later have been added as appendices.
- 57,006 hits
- I’ll be Back May 14, 2018
- New Departures in Eco Printing – Impressures Negative Realities and Graphic Notation March 28, 2018
- Taking a Walk with Pussy Willow An-Dro into the (Negative) Space of Possibility March 18, 2018
- In Search of Blue: Dyeing with Woad, Beans and Lentils March 13, 2018
- Maroon Staccato: Another Pair of Eco Prints on Watercolour Paper February 15, 2018
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Altered Books Art Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing