- 64,539 hits
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- My Entry for TAE19 (Twitter Art Exhibit 2019): Windfall April 11, 2019
- Brambly Personage and its Iron Blanket April 10, 2019
- Brambly Personage April 9, 2019
- Mysterious Personage – Papier Mache Cast Finished March 27, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Walking Writing
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Every Friday authors worldwide gather around the virtual fireside of fellow WordPress blogger Rochelle Wisoff to share flash fiction stories of 100 words, prompted by a common photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. Readers’ comments are also welcome. This week’s photo … Continue reading
Dice was snickering at whatever he was skim-reading.
“Mornin’, Sgt. Hey – that photo somebody’s posting-in every day? Listen to this from the profiler,” he sneered.
“‘The strawberry represents love, also blood. Also symbolising The Virgin, it’s the holy blood of Christ. Strawberry flowers – white – … purity; …leaves – trifoliate – …Trinity. …glass of wine therefore represents The Eucharist, in which wine is tran…sub…st… ”
“Transubstantiated, sir.” Continue reading
“All the world’s a stage and men and women merely players upon it.”
The Hone Life word of the week is play, as in playfulness rather than stage play, but in letting this quote select me, I’m demonstrating playfulness in letting my right brain, intuition, serendipity, synchronicity, Higher Consciousness, whatever you want to call it, have dominion. I’m being playful in my contemplation of play. Continue reading
I’ve just started the challenging task of learning to sing Robert Schumann’s Liederkreis – a song cycle of 12 songs (liede). The song in the You Tube video is song 5 of the cycle and it’s sung by lyric soprano Barbara Bonney. She’s one of my favourite sopranos. She has a clear, sweet, natural-sounding voice and whatever she is singing, she makes sound effortless. My homework this week was to learn songs 1-3, but I think Mondnacht (Moonlit Night) (song 5 in the cycle) is going to be my favourite. Continue reading