NaBloPoMo XVI: Friday Fictioneers 100-Word Story Challenge: Walking the Walk

Friday Fictioneers  Photo Prompt for 13 November 2013 Alley by Kent BonhamEvery Friday from around the world authors gather at the virtual fireside of fellow WordPress blogger Rochelle Wisoff to share flash fiction stories of 100 words, all inspired by a common photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. Readers’ comments are also welcome. This week’s photo is courtesy of Kent Bonham.

Here’s the story Kent’s photo inspired:

Walking the Walk

How long this lone walk!  I glanced back. My road had vanished; instead, a billowing weave of every walk I’d ever walked. Some blazed with light and colour, others – benighted, black as holes. I sought to walk each walk again, and could, not as then,but as now, haunting. Other weaves floated in tiers above my own, interlaced with mine where paths had crossed, each encounter, an addition to or subtraction from the other’s light. There it hung, an edifice woven from the walks I’d walked.  I turned, moved on: towards  where would be weighed my weave and each thread counted?

Ann Isik

This entry was posted in Short Story Writing, spirituality, Walking, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to NaBloPoMo XVI: Friday Fictioneers 100-Word Story Challenge: Walking the Walk

1. mridubala says:

I wish I were gifted with such a talent…..writing brief and great, Kudos to U!

2. ranu802 says:

It’s wonderful Anna. I liked the idea of writing.

3. julespaige says:

Each thread always counts. It’s the balancing of things that gets tricky.
    I like this short piece… Couldn’t wait after you’d sent the other link… now I’m going to try and go over there!

Thanks!

4. It would be interesting if we could look back at our lives in this abstract and colorful way to see the pattern of our lives. A unique and thought-provoking take, Ann.

Dreamlike and ethereal. Nice one.

shalom,

6. Nice, surreal quality, Ann. I felt like I was inside a dream.

7. babso2you says:

I love the threads in the story you weave! Thank you for the trackback to my post! -B

8. You’ve combined language and theme to come up with something truly captivating.

9. A very interesting take on the photo Ann, you have me thinking but I then thought of you as the artist and it begins to make sense to me, the perspective you give. Your last sentence is challenging, is it meant to be a question?

10. elmowrites says:

A strong voice here, I don’t fully know what this is, but it feels almost spiritual in the language you choose

Nicely done Ann. A striking concept with great imagery.

12. What an awesome piece of poetry. Each thread counted! So it shall be!

13. How surreal, darling… like something from a dream — though I can’t decide whether the dream is good or bad….