I made this card for my husband’s recent birthday. The support’s a 7″x5″ canvas board. Again, I’m experimenting with collage, modelling paste, shellac, encaustic and glitter and sandpaper and acrylic medium, and, and, and … There are several layers to this, each mauled to within an inch of its life with one instrument of torture or another. The image is the boat we’re doing up (a 1970s Albin Vega). The boat in reality looks a lot better than on this card as we’ve almost finished stripping the layers of antifouling paint from the hull. It’s not a job I want to do again in a tearing hurry and that’s a fact.
More of these experimental pieces are in progress as part of my personal art project Below the Line.
- Art in Progress: Birthday Card (Finished) (annisik51.wordpress.com)
- Encaustic workshop (prettydaydesigns.blogspot.com)
- Immerse Yourself in Art: Exhibition Info. (misakooba.wordpress.com)
- Topographies (studiolightblue.com)
- What is Encaustic Painting and How do You do It? (painting.answers.com)
- Rythm: Pattern (brjenkin.wordpress.com)
- Three Days, Two Exhibitions, One Studio Visit (marybethrothman.wordpress.com)
- MMMMM Mixed Media Monthly Members Meeting (treasuredmemories.typepad.com)