- 76,541 hits
- A Return to Painting July 9, 2021
- Natural Dyeing and Eco Printing in Winter: Honesty and Hops I February 1, 2021
- Japanese Anemone 2011 October 18, 2020
- A Lot of Edges Called Perhaps September 23, 2020
- Work in Progress September 5, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Science Short Story Writing Singing Singing Sacred spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Daily Archives: July 6, 2013
Waiting for the Hands of Time
Hear the legend: once there was Time; when Time existed, Time had hands. Fingers marked the tick tock of its passing. Another legend says: Time waits for no man, so on the rim of this handless clock we wait for the return of Time. In the hope that with the return of Time, we can begin and so, end, for we cannot until Time returns to free us from eternity. Oh, how we long for the end of eternity!
We watch others’ futile embroidering of emptiness as they climb endlessly towards no destination.
Hope is our only destination, until the return of Time. So we keep vigil for long thin shadows. Continue reading