- 69,526 hits
- Oak Leaves, a Storm, the Pond May 14, 2020
- The Spirit Lizard and Covid- 19 May 9, 2020
- Testing Water for Iron Content May 8, 2020
- Chaos and Onion Skins May 1, 2020
- Still Taking the Anti-Dote (to the Poison of Chaos) And an Art Note February 17, 2020
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Daily Archives: July 6, 2013
Waiting for the Hands of Time
Hear the legend: once there was Time; when Time existed, Time had hands. Fingers marked the tick tock of its passing. Another legend says: Time waits for no man, so on the rim of this handless clock we wait for the return of Time. In the hope that with the return of Time, we can begin and so, end, for we cannot until Time returns to free us from eternity. Oh, how we long for the end of eternity!
We watch others’ futile embroidering of emptiness as they climb endlessly towards no destination.
Hope is our only destination, until the return of Time. So we keep vigil for long thin shadows. Continue reading