Every Friday authors gather around the virtual fireside of fellow WordPress blogger Rochelle Wisoff to share flash fiction stories of 100 words, prompted by a photograph, and exchange constructive criticism. Readers’ comments are also welcome.
I Dreamt I Dwelt In Marble Halls
“I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls …”
Silk dresses; denim dungarees.
“I had riches too great to count, could boast
Of a high ancestral name;”
Her smile had faded when she first saw the barn.
“But I also dreamt, which pleased me most,”
They hadn’t come to her soirees. Not at first. He made her a garden; fenced it off with picketing kept pristine.
As he crossed from the barn, the faded song of his Bohemian Girl rose above the greying heads of her faithful audience.
“That you lov’d me, you lov’d me still the same.”
(c) Ann Isik 2013
- Friday Fictioneers – The Project (anneorchardwriter.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: Even A Horse Can Laugh! (managuagunntoday.wordpress.com)
- Hi everyone is anyone into writing flash fiction… (cindydejager.wordpress.com)
- Friday Fictioneers: Twister (zennjennc.wordpress.com)
- Paradise Gone – Friday Fictioneers – 2/22/13 (joeowensblog.wordpress.com)