- 67,927 hits
- Tricks of Light I January 3, 2020
- Covehithe Ochres and Gissing Whites: Hand-Made Paints from Foraged Pigment November 2, 2019
- Indeterminacy: The Blueberry Interlude: Cold Dyeing with Blueberry Stems October 15, 2019
- More Notes from a Melody Not Yet Written October 14, 2019
- Notes from a Melody Not Yet Written October 13, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Monthly Archives: January 2013
An Affair of the Heart
“With this hand I converted you. You cannot revert”.
“I was never that statue fashioned from this block”.
“I made you in beauty unsurpassable; then, invoking Venus, made you flesh!” Continue reading
I bought this little green man at my local art shop last Saturday. I’ve never had to buy a man before. Of any colour. It’s age creeping up on me, I suppose. Expensive. I wonder if I can hire any … Continue reading
I recently came across this ad for a freelance writing job: Psychic looking for ghost writer … I didn’t apply. I’m not so desperate to be hired that I’ll get myself dead for it … This one is (c) Ann … Continue reading
The sound of her silk skirt has stopped.
On the marble pavement dust grows.
Her empty room is cold and still.
Fallen leaves are piled against the doors.
Longing for that lovely lady
How can I bring my aching heart to rest?
The above poem was written by Wu-ti (187-57 b.c.) when his mistress, Li Fu-jen, died. Unable to bear his grief, he sent for wizards from all parts of China, hoping that they would be able to put him into communication with her spirit. At last one of them managed to project her shape on to a curtain. Continue reading
“Proposal rejection 13. Novel.” Bubbles in his beer deflated. “That ocean will outlast the walls of this beach house.”
“Not for long.”
“Headlines – Palaeontologist Predicts End of World.”
“Palaeontologists Report Planet’s Final Straw.”
“The demise of Emily Huxley.” Continue reading
This is my first attempt at encaustic mixed media. It’s a small watercolour board (5″x7″/13cmx18cm) Continue reading
snow a snug ruff for a jasmine flower where’s my garden good day to you Cat too cold for pleasantries see you round Snowfellow that goes for you too birds I’m calling a truce while I snooze by the fire … Continue reading
The phone rang. The phone rang just as she turned to leave, had placed her free hand on the tarnished door knob. She turned back to stare at the ringing phone. The old phone she’d found in the box along with the faded photo and the menorah, was ringing.
It insisted. She put down the three crayons on top of the faded photo next to the menorah and the insisting phone. She brought the receiver to her ear.
“Hello?” Continue reading