- 65,898 hits
- Walking Covehithe July 9, 2019
- How Far Does The Hand Reach? Botanical Signatures Textile Art Exhibition, Norwich, England, July 18-20 2019 July 8, 2019
- Little Maps of Trees is at The Other Art Fair London July 1, 2019
- Eco Print on Cotton with Silk Appliqués June 11, 2019
- Eight Years Blogging – Writing Chaos into order from the Forest of Souls: Part I May 19, 2019
- Aesthetics Allotmenteering Art Artist Books Artist Sketchbooks Art Journal Christian writing Collage & Assemblage Creativity Dialogue Drawing Eco/Natural Dyeing and Printing Ecology Encaustic Art Folklore & Mythology Inspiration Mixed Media Music Nature Journal Photography Printmaking Research Reviews Science Short Story Writing Singing spirituality Stitch Walking Writing
Monthly Archives: February 2012
“Description must work for its place. It can’t be simply ornamental. It usually works best if it has a human element; it is more effective if it comes from an implied viewpoint, rather than from the eye of God. If description is coloured by the viewpoint of the character who is doing the noticing, it becomes, in effect, part of character definition and part of the action.” Continue reading
I was thinking of my novel Flint & Feather as I was waking up this morning. Continue reading
I’ve decided to dedicate a Sunday blog just to a single image, then maybe talk about it during the following week. So this is the first and last time I’ll attach words to an image on a Sunday! It will give me a chance to display some of my vast hoard of images gathering dust on my hard drive. Continue reading
“There’s an ape on my balcony”.
“Well as long as you stop at snogging her, I forgive you”.
I avoided missing the deadline, of 31st January, for Art House Co-op’s 2012 Sketchbook Project by 28 minutes. I can be that precise because I looked up at the huge clock in my little local Post Office just as the … Continue reading
The image on the left is the trading card I made for the MMATC (Mixed Media Artist Trading Card) Yahoo! Group project: Rainbow Accordion Book. (In my last blog I posted the card I’d received in this card swap from artist Beth Power ). This work marks my debut into the group. Continue reading
MMATC (Mixed Media Artist Trading Cards) is a Yahoo! group of artists based in the UK. I was pleased to be accepted into the group late last year, though I’ve only just this year been able to make my debut, joining the group’s Rainbow Accordion Book swap. Continue reading